Still Spirits - Filter Pro System
Filter Pro Contents
- Still Spirits Filter Pro
- 500g Activated Filter Carbon
- Filter Pro Papers - pack of 5
The Filter Pro is a gravity-fed, carbon filter that can use to filter 8 litres of spirit at a time via the large stainless-steel hopper, through 500 g loose carbon packed into the long stainless steel filter column.
With easy-to-use features such as tri-clamps, flow control and removable door and wall mounts, filtering spirit is no longer a chore!
Perfect for home distillers who want to upgrade their existing filtering system, or new distillers who want to create the cleanest of spirits. The Filter Pro offers a user-friendly solution and superior results!
The quality stainless-steel build means the Filter Pro looks sleek and impressive in any space you decide to mount it - made possible with the removable door and wall mounts included.
- Made from 304 grade stainless steel.
- Filters 8 L of spirit at a time.
- Fits up to 500 g of loose Still Spirits Activated Finishing Carbon to remove unwanted flavours from distilled spirit.
- Additional filter papers included to prevent dust and carbon particles.
- Long stainless-steel shaft ensures maximum contact time with the carbon.
- Filter where you want with the removable door & wall mount.
- Easy to connect tri-clamps & adjustable flow-control.
- Easy to control filtering speed , ideally 1 litre per hour
How to Prepare the Filter Pro for a filtration run.
- Assemble all fittings as per instructions together with the seals in place and the ball valve is in the lock position.
- Add 500 gms of Still Spirits Activated Carbon into the hopper and allow it to flow into the Filter Column to just below the top Tri-Clamp.
- Pour 4 Litres of warm to hot water (40-60°C ) into the Hopper to wet the carbon.
- Open the Ball Valve Tap to drain the water.
- This process will remove any excess carbon dust.
- Remove the Tri-Clamp fitting and place a single Still Spirits 30 mm Filter Paper disk in the recess and re-attach it to the column.
- Close the Ball Valve tap, and fill Hopper with up to 8 Litres of your distilled spirit no higher than 50% ABV.
- You are now ready to begin.
About the Activated Carbon
This Activated Filter Carbon is a small granule carbon and ideal for Spirit Filtration. Specifically designed for the maximum purification of distilled spirit. The unique small sized carbon granules have been selected with pore sizes ideal for removing impurities in distilled spirit.
- Particle Size 12x40 mesh.
- Coconut based granule carbon.
- High absorption capacity with high rate of removal.
- High hardness to reduce fine carbon dust.
- Acid wash for extremely low ash.
- Ph neutral.