Lalvin EC-1118 Champagne Yeast
Lalvin EC1118™ has been selected in a famous sparkling wine region for its excellent properties in producing sparkling base wine as well as “in-bottle” secondary fermentation.
It is very resistant to osmotic pressure. Lalvin EC1118™ is known for its robust and reliable fermentation kinetics. Its sensory contribution is considered neutral as it gives very little sensory contribution to the wine. It is used extensively in the world for the production of both white and red wines.
Viable yeast > 1010 CFU/g
Dry matter > 92 %
- Short lag phase and vigorous fermentation
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Very low H2S production
- Alcohol tolerance of up to 18% v/v (depending on fermentation conditions)
- Low SO2 production
- Fermentation temperature: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- Competitive killer factor: yes
- Low foam producer
5g for 4.5 – 23L