LalBrew Farmhouse™ – Hybrid Saison-Style Yeast (11g)
LalBrew Farmhouse™ is a non-diastatic hybrid that has been selected to make saison-style and farmhouse style beers. This product is the result of the research and development work of Renaissance Yeast in Vancouver BC, Canada. LalBrew Farmhouse™ was selected using the most advanced breeding techniques. The Renaissance research team used classical and non-GMO methods to remove the STA1 gene, responsible for the diastatic activity of Saison yeasts. Care was taken to retain normal brewing sugar utilization to produce dry saisons. Additionally, the patented technology from University of California Davis (USA) ensures that the strain will not produce sulfurous favors, therefore enhancing the saison yeast aroma characteristics.
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew Farmhouse™ yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 96%
- Living Yeast Cells > 5 x 10⁹ CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 10⁶ yeast cells
- Diastaticus Undetectable
- Bacteria < 1 per 10⁶ yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew Farmhouse™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor has clove, pepper & fruit notes present.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Farmhouse™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 20 - 30°C (68 - 86°F)
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.