Kegmenter - 118L
These 118 Litre stainless steel vessels are designed just like a keg but with a large 10 cm (4 inch) tri-clover opening at the top so you can easily get inside the keg to clean it out and two useful 2 inch ports at the bottom for elements, valves etc.
Unlike most other stainless steel fermenters this kegmenter has various lid options.
Options include Flat Stainless Lid with pre-drilled hole, EPDM seal and 4 inch clamp can be used with an airlock for non-pressure applications.
There are several different lid options to suit other applications such as:
- 1. Ball Lock Post Lid - With Silicon Floating Dip Tube
This lid is great for pressurised fermentation's or will even allow you to even use the kegmenter as a keg if you wanted to.
- 2. 4 inch to 2 inch Concentric Reducer.
This cone will attach to the top of the Kegmenter and allow you to attach one of the Alcoengine Reflux or Pot Stills to this unit. Using a stainless element or other heat source the Kegmenter can be quickly turned into a boiler.
- 3. Flat Stainless 4 inch End Cap
This stainless steel end cap can be used to simply block off /cap the lid. The lids are also popular to be modified with other welded fittings that you can attach.
- 4. Stainless Steel 2 inch Tri-Clover 3600 watt Element that will fit into one of the 2 inch port at the base and you can convert this unit into a boiler for distillation or make this into an inoculation vessel.
The Kegmenter can hold 3.5 bar which makes it possible to carbonate and ferment in the same vessel.
Being able to hold pressure also means you can push the beer out of the fermenter directly through a filter or even dispense directly from fermenter to draft beer tap if you wanted to. The posts on the lid of the kegmenter are recesses below the level of the chimes so the kegmenters can be stacked. The interlocking chimes means the kegs can be safely stacked up to 4 high.
- Maximum Working Pressure: 3.5 BAR
- Test Pressure: 5 BAR
- Wall Thickness (Body/Chimes): 1.8 mm/2.1 mm