Grain Mill - Mult Muncher (2 Roller)
This mill breaks down the malted barley into tiny pieces so that the mashing liquid can easily seep into the middle of the barley. This process is necessary because it allows the starch within the endosperm of the barley to ferment and create the beer flavour as well as its alcohol content.
While home brewers can opt to grind the malted barley with a kitchen mortar and pestle, the process is very time consuming as you need to pound large batches of barley to create a substantial amount of beer. Thus, home brewers rely on a machined mill such as the Grain Mill - Two Roller
This mill is built to last and is sure to hold it's own over a lifetime of use. The dual rollers are made out of cold rolled steel, whereas the body is constructed out of 6061 Aluminum with hardened steel bearings.
The mill also features knurled rollers that can be adjusted on each end to produce evenly crushed malted barley. This allows home brewers to pull the barley to the rollers without destroying the hull. An intact hull is crucial for sparging.
It comes with a removable hand crank which can be replaced with a 1/2" drill rotor and a stainless steel hopper.
Grain Mill - Two Roller Hopper has a capacity of 3.17 kilograms (7 lbs). It is designed to direct grist down towards the mill gap making milling far faster and easier. (Some assembly required).
Grain mill board no included.
- Rollers are adjustable at both ends allowing for the gap to be adjusted to ensure a uniform crush along the entire length of the rollers.
- The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through the rollers while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Optimized for use with a power drill. Recommended drill speed - 200 RPM.
- Comes with easy to use crank shaft allowing you to crush grain by hand.
- Some assembly required (attach the handle to the mill). There are no adapters needed to use a 1/2" drill motor.
- Roller Dimensions: 127 mm (5") Length x 31 mm (1 1/4") Diameter
- Base Unit Dimensions: 152 mm (6") Length x 76 mm (3") Width x 80 mm (2") Height
- Weight: 3.6 kilograms (8 lbs)